Travel Insurance for the USA should be one of your primary considerations when travelling from India.
The United States of America (USA) is one of the most visited countries across the globe. With its wide expanse covering a majority of the North American continent, the USA has varied landscapes, cultures, and experiences that attract visitors from different parts of the world. From some of the world’s most treasured historical monuments to iconic global landmarks, the USA has no dearth of diverse destinations. Whether it is the semi-Arctic terrain of Alaska in the North or the serene beaches of Florida and Hawaii in the South, the USA has something to offer to all ilks of travellers.
Visiting the USA ought to be on your bucket list and you must secure this unique journey with travel insurance for the USA.
The main benefits of a travel insurance USA plan:
- 1. Travel assistance
- 3. Cover against personal liability
- 5.Cover for accident and sickness
- 7. Hijack cover
- 2. Automatic extension of your travel insurance USA 4. plan for 60 days in the event of hospitalisation abroad
- 6. Assistance for loss or delay pertaining to baggage
Travel Insurance For USA From India
In order to have a stress-free and memorable trip to the USA, you must ensure that adequate planning and advanced bookings are in place, including a viable travel insurance plan for the USA. However, irrespective of the level of planning you engage in, there may be unforeseen circumstances that can derail your plans. The recent Covid-19 pandemic, for instance, has brought the entire world and international travel to an indefinite standstill, with most countries having limited inbound flights and stringent entry restrictions.
It is, therefore, critical to purchase suitable travel insurance for USA visitors and ensure that you are financially protected against any unanticipated events during your visit to the USA. Your travel insurance USA plan will serve as a protective shield and enable you to enjoy your vacation sans worry. You can compare travel insurance plans to pick the one that suits you the most, in terms of coverage amount & premium.
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance From India To The USA?
Cover for flight delays and cancellations, hotel booking cancellations, and loss of passport
Compensation on the loss or delay of check-in baggage
1.Covid-19 cover to cover the costs associated with testing Covid positive during the trip
2.Travel medical insurance to the USA to provide you financial support if you fall sick or meet with an accident during the trip
Other benefits of travel insurance USA policies
1.The option to pay in Indian Rupees and get coverage in United States Dollars
2.Affordable travel insurance USA policies with a premium as low as ₹60.32 per day
3.Instant purchase of online travel insurance for the USA without extensive health check-ups
For Additional Information
If you are a Student Traveling to the USA for your Studies, check our Student Travel Insurance
If you are traveling for a Leisure or Business Trip, check our International Travel Insurance
USA Visa And Entry Information
- Non-immigrant Visas: Indian nationals travelling to the USA can apply for various types of visas under the umbrella of a non-immigrant visa. Here are some of the major types of non-immigrant US visas Indian citizens can apply for.
- B1/B2 Visa: If you are visiting the USA for a temporary stay with a business-related objective, you ought to apply for a B1 visa. If, however, the reason behind your temporary visit to the United States of America is personal, a B2 visa is the right category of visa for you. The aforementioned visa is for travel objectives such as tourism, medical treatment, visit with family or friends, etc.
- F1 and M1 Student Visa: Applicants who have been accepted to educational institutions in the United States of America are eligible to apply for a student visa for their academic programme. The aforementioned visa can, in certain cases, also be granted for practical training in specific fields.
- H-1 B Work Visa: The H1-B visa is granted to foreigners employed in the USA. Sponsored by the employers, the aforementioned visa is usually valid for a three-year term that can be extended for a further three years. Non-US citizens are permitted to bring their families to the USA under the aforementioned visa but the process of visa approval is extremely stringent.
- H-2 B Work Visa: Unskilled non-US workers hired to work in the USA are eligible to apply for an H2-B visa that is required to be sponsored by their US-based employer.
- J-1 and Q-1 Exchange Visitor Visas: A J-1 visa accommodates individuals travelling to the USA for pre-approved exchange programmes. The aforementioned category of visitors includes students, business trainees, research scholars, and government-assigned visitors.
- Immigrant Visas: Individuals who wish to immigrate to the USA on a permanent basis can apply for an immigrant visa to the country. The aforementioned visa usually needs to be sponsored by an employer or a permanent resident of the USA who is a relative of the applicant. However, persons with exceptional abilities and skills, including investors and some specific categories of immigrants, can apply for this visa themselves.
Entry Information For Indian Citizens
- Covid Guidelines: In the wake of the ongoing global pandemic, most non-immigrant travel to the USA has been suspended. Only student visas are still being granted on a limited basis.According to the US embassy in India, students with an I-20 programme beginning after August 1st, 2021 can apply for a student visa to the USA and travel there 30 days prior to the beginning of their respective programmes without requiring a national interest exception.
The aforementioned rule also applies to students who wish to travel to the USA to continue their ongoing academic enrolments at US institutions. It is advisable to have medical insurance for visitors to the USA.
USA Visa Application Process
- You can apply for a visa to the USA by following the steps mentioned below.
- Determine the type of visa you wish to apply for. For non-immigrant visas, you can refer to the ‘Common Non-Immigrant Visas’ guidelines.
- Fill the electronic application form (Form DS-160) to apply for a non-immigrant visa to the USA.
- Make the payment of your visa application fee.
- Create a profile and retain your receipt number to schedule your visa appointment.
- Schedule an appointment with the US Embassy or consulates in India within 48 hours of submitting your DS-160 form online.
- Be on time for your appointment and carry the relevant identification documents and credentials.
- After the second visa interview, your application shall either be accepted or declined by the immigration authorities.
US Embassy and consulates in India: The US Embassy in India is located in New Delhi and the consulates are located in Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, and Hyderabad.
How to request expedited visa appointments
If you qualify to travel to the USA under the ‘national interest exception’, you can request an expedition of your visa appointment here.
Travel Documents Required While Travelling From India To The USA
- It is advisable to buy health insurance for visitors to the USA. There are also several other essential travel documents that are required for travelling to the USA from India. The aforementioned documents have been listed below.
- A valid Indian passport (valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arriving in the USA)
- A pre-approved visa
- A letter detailing the reason for your visit to the USA
- Confirmed travel tickets
- Prescription for specific medications, if necessary
- USA travel health insurance, including Covid-19 coverage.
- The particulars of the people with whom you will stay in the USA along with their addresses
- The applicable financial documents
- The proof of the funds you are carrying to the USA
USA Travel: Safety And Precautionary Measures To Be Undertaken
- Keep your passport safe at all times.
- Protect your belongings, especially when you are in crowded places and tourist hotspots.
- Use official commercial means of transport and avoid seeking private help.
- Respect the country’s laws and regulations.
- Avoid travelling to unfamiliar or remote areas, particularly during the night.
- Do not participate in any unlawful activities.
- Do not violate public decorum through your words, actions, or a combination of the two.
- Choose from the best travel insurance for the USA to financially secure yourself against any unanticipated events.
Covid-19 specific guidelines:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth, particularly while using public transport.
- Practise social distancing.
- Monitor yourself for Covid-19 symptoms and self-isolate and get tested if you develop any of the symptoms.