In July, Ubisoft brought about a little bit of a stir when it introduced that it deliberate to ‘decommission’ the multiplayer components of older titles in a number of well-liked recreation sequence like Murderer’s Creed and Far Cry. A complicated message on Steam led gamers to consider that the video games and DLC had been being pulled from their libraries – though Ubisoft rapidly clarified that wasn’t the case. The decommissioning was scheduled for September 1, however now the corporate says it’s pushing the date again to October 1. Additional, Ubisoft says that typically, you’ll have the ability to maintain enjoying affected DLC so long as you activate it previous to the brand new decommissioning date.
On PC, several Assassin’s Creed titles might be impacted when outdated on-line options are decommissioned, however the odds are fairly good you’ll nonetheless have the ability to play a lot of the content material you already personal. The Animus Undertaking Updates for the 2010 launch of Murderer’s Creed Brotherhood, being multiplayer-focused, will now not be out there after October 1, and neither will the Battle-Hardened Pack for the unique PC version of Murderer’s Creed III.
Aside from that, although, any content material you personal for Murderer’s Creed II, Murderer’s Creed Brotherhood, Murderer’s Creed Revelations, Murderer’s Creed III, and Murderer’s Creed Liberation HD will stay out there after the decommissioning date so long as you activate it previous to October 1.
There’s additionally welcome news for Anno 2070 players. As a substitute of being decommissioned, the city-building game is getting a major replace, porting it to 64 bit and upgrading its on-line capabilities. The Anno workforce says it intends for gamers to have the ability to take pleasure in Anno 2070 for “a few years to return.”
Far Cry 3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist DLCs will equally stay out there so long as they’re activated previous to October 1.
You possibly can learn Ubisoft’s announcement in full on its official web site.